SRF Sept Meeting Minutes 9/19/20
Location – Paradise Park S. Pavilion
6:30 Intro – Call to order – Alec Buchness
6:40 EC/Program/Campaign Reports
~ Treasurer Report – Chris Smith
-Recent donation to Dylan Hansen for “Reckless Recycling” movie and purchase of this year’s BWTF supplies
~ Blue Water Task Force “BWTF” – Ryan Dadds
-New site addition at Goat Creek: Mike Coneen with Anglers for Conservation will be volunteering due to concerns over pollution from nearby cow pasture
-Bi-weekly results showed high level at Ballard Park, medium at Ramp Road and low at 2nd Light, Sebastian Inlet, and Turkey Creek
~ Ocean Friendly Gardens “OFG” – Bill Deluccia
-Working with Indialantic to approve rain gardens/bio-swales in front of roadside easements and to use mass plantings of native bunch grass in swale storm water project going along Magnolia ped/bike path.
-Need volunteers for weeding Douglas Park every 4th Monday at 5:30
~ Ocean Friendly Restaurants “OFR” – Ryan Dadds
-Possibly adding The Green Room our list of restaurants
~ Ocean Club Update – No report
7:00 Old Business
- Present check to Dylan Hansen for Reckless Recycling documentary. Discuss possible premiere options.
-Possibly rent Drive-In movie equipment and premiere movie at a location in Satellite Beach. Dylan to discuss with City Council.
– New Chapter name launch at event
- Standing beach cleanup – 8/29/20 2nd Light – Jay Whelan
-50 lbs of trash and 1 new member obtained at 1st beach clean up
-MRC International Cleanup on 9/19
-Next 2nd Light cleanup date: Sept. 26th . New event to posted in FB.
- MRC Golf Tournament on 10/10. Confirmed 4-some. Roger is out.
7:20 New Business
- Capt. Hiram’s Feb. spotlight on SRF monthly fundraiser for Feb.. Netted $672.
- ECO Pro Surf Series Oct 3rd & 4th – Spessard Holland South – Ryan
-Will have tent at event and provide bags and stickers to surf contestants
- Voting Instruction Card – Bo Platt
-Voting to protect our environment is very important right now. Encourage everyone to in person and/or by mail
- Brevard County 2070. Planning for the future. IRL Coalition/1000 Friends of FL – Bo
Open to the public.
Webinar on 10/28
- Possible “New Chapter Name Launch” in Nov or Dec..