Location – The Tiny Turtle, Cocoa Beach, FL
6:30 – Call to order – Alec Buchness/Chapter Chairperson
6:45 EC/Program/Campaign Reports
~ Treasurer Report – Chris Smith
-Received donation from Sea, Life, Love this month.
~ Blue Water Task Force “BWTF” – Ryan Dadds
-We have a new volunteer for Ramp Road & Cocoa Beach Pier sites, Melissa Zapp
-Lagoon sites were consistently medium and high levels of bacteria
~ Ocean Friendly Gardens “OFG” – Bill DeLuccia (not available)
-Plan to do native landscaping at Green Gables historic site over the next couple months
~ Ocean Friendly Restaurants “OFR” – Ryan Dadds
-Ryan attended the SRF OFR 2021 webinar that discussed criteria changes for participating restaurants. She joined the national OFR committee dedicated to be involved on a national level.
7:00 Beach Bucket Foundation – Andy Abbott
-Mr. Abbott discussed the BBF which offers cleanup stations to counties at no cost with the assistance of sponsors Buckets have sponsor logos on them.
-There are currently stations located at parks around Palm Beach County
7:20 Old Business
- Surf Movie Night & Reckless Recycling documentary. Date- 9/25/21 Surfside Playhouse
-Need to push to sale old t-shirts for $10-$15
- Standing beach cleanup (4th Sat. ea. month) – Mar. 27, 2nd Light Cocoa Beach
- Ocean Reef Beach (ORB) Festival Dec. 4th ’21 – Randy Gray – Event Director
- Committee meeting to be scheduled in the next few weeks.
- Adopt a Hwy – Roadside Cleanup will be scheduled for our recurring 4th Saturday monthly cleanup on May 22 8am-10am on A1A Sebastian
- Will coordinate an event for after cleanup with refreshments with John Robson of Sebastian Inlet Surf & Sport
- Banana River Lagoon Clean-up April 24 9am-1pm – Bob Day
-Will be doing an in-water cleanup with SUP’s/boats/kayaks
-Leaves from Lutheran Church of the Resurrection dock located at 525 Minutemen Cswy in Cocoa Beach
7:45 New Business
- New t-shirts and hats to be made
-Plan to use local company, Satellite Screen Printing, who gave some hat samples. Some liked embroidered and some like leather. Will plan on getting an estimate to possibly have both and get a t-shirt count at next meeting to have them ready for upcoming events.
- Dub Yoga/Save the Manatees Benefit 5:30pm-8:00pm at Wildlife Watersports 1605 Minutemen Cswy Cocoa Beach
-Yoga event with reggae led by yoga teacher, Mark Longenecker and DJ CLioness of Kulcha Shok Muzik
-Plan to have a tent and be a vendor at the event. Need volunteers
*Post meeting correction. Due to other commitments, we will not be participating in this event.